5 Reasons you should be Writing a Blogby : Diana Berryman
Blog posts are your way of promoting your business and confirming your status as an expert in your field. If you don’t have a blog then it may be the time to set one up, writing a blog couldn’t be easier with WordPress. If you have a blog but never post then get to it, blog posts don’t have to be 2000 words, you can write a quick 100/200 word post and add photos or videos to fill it out. It is essential to your social media marketing success.
- It is another FREE way to promote your business, show us what you sell, add links to your online shop, website, social networks etc and add a call to action such as visit my eBay/etsy store here, or please share this article, or follow us on Twitter.
- It is a way to share your knowledge in your chosen field, to establish yourself as someone who knows what they are talking about (as long as you DO know what you are talking about). If potential customers respect what you have to say they are much more likely to come back for more AND recommend you to their friends.
- It encourages customer engagement, the only way to social media marketing success is to engage with people, if you are all sell, sell, sell then people will not read your posts, tweets or statuses, they will just turn off. Be engaging by offering help and advice, make yourself memorable, unless you have an amazing niche market it is guaranteed you will have a lot of competition, stand out from the rest.
- People will share your interesting and enlightening content which is the key to widening your audience. You cannot sell your products or services if no-one knows you exist, get out there in the big wide world, provide something interesting to read…..write it and they will share!
- Ultimately you need folks to go to the place where you sell your wares. Most people still use search engines to find a business, if you are on page 10 of a Google search no-one will find you. Improve your SEO (search engine optimisation) to get onto page one by researching the keywords that people use to search for businesses like yours then write articles including those keywords. If your website or shop doesn’t come up on Google’s first page then there is a good chance that your article will.
Go for it, what have you got to lose? 10 minutes of your time? (That is how long it took me to write this). It’s not as difficult as you think but if you are struggling for ideas, time or Social Media Marketing knowhow, you can always call on us Social Butterflies
Follow us on Twitter @soc1albutterfly/@SoButterfly_VA
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Soc1alButterfly